A breath of calmness in your busy life. A daily ritual, an act of self care.
Unlike the other stones, Black Obsidian naturally retains warmth and is great to use on congested, blemish prone skin. The energy of the stone draws out tension and promotes the removal of blockages. The warmth of the obsidian encourages stimulation of the lymphatic system and circulation. This energizing of the skin reduces toxins and promotes clearer, brighter skin. To warm our Black Obsidian tools, we recommend placing them in a glass of warm water.
Gua sha has been practiced in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years.
Besides improving overall health and radiance of the skin, gua sha has a multitude of benefits including:
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- Reduces puffiness and fluid buildup
- Relieves facial and jaw tension
- Aids in circulation to give skin a glow
- Firms and lifts the face over time
Best for: All skin types, especially congested, blemish-prone skin because it is naturally warming.
Unlike the other stones, Black Obsidian naturally retains warmth and is great to use on congested, blemish prone skin. The warmth of the obsidian encourages stimulation of the lymphatic system and circulation. To warm Black Obsidian tools, we recommend place in in a glass of warm water.
-Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose until the ear.
- Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves. Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the gua sha from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.
Due to natural variations in stone, every gua sha is unique in pattern and color. The stones + crystals we use are authentic and natural. Mount Lai does not artificially dye or treat the stones to let their true beauty shine through.
Recyclable cardboard box.