Our bodies naturally shed our dead skin but when you are wearing your mask, the dead layers of skin are trapped along with bacteria. Combine that with the hot weather and a little bit of sweat and under your mask and you have optimal conditions for breakouts.
So what can you do to soothe your skin? We have some easy and effective tips.
1. Remember not to be hard on yourself. Pimples are a normal thing for anyone with a face.
2. Be diligent with your nightly face cleansing to remove bacteria, debris and pollutants that may have accumulated throughout the day.
Viva Organics Cleansing Gel is an effective yet gentle cleanser best suited to oily, acne prone, normal and sensitive skin types.
Huna Cleansing Creme is a moisturizing cleanser that removes all traces of impurities and dirt. This cleanser is ideal for dry, mature, normal and sensitive skin types.
Living Libations Best Skin Ever in Sandalwood can be used as an oil cleanser in addition to being a serum. It is best suited for acne-prone, irritated and inflamed skin types.
3. Exfoliate with a non-abrasive exfoliator regularly - This is also great for glowing skin and diminishing the appearance of fine lines!
Viva Amaze Exfoliating Gel is an easy-to-use, 2x per week, effective exfoliator suitable for all skin types.
Huna Exfoliate Fruit Extract Face Toner is a nightly, alpha hydroxy acid exfoliating toner idea for oily, congested, acne-prone and mature skin types.
Huna Cleansing Powder is a gentle, daily exfoliator best suited for oily, acne prone and sensitive skin types.
4. Keep a toner with witch hazel on hand. Spray your face with it throughout the day. Witch hazel reduces bacteria and soothes irritation and inflammation. Hydrating toners are fine to spray over your makeup - in fact a spritz of toner is a great way to freshen up your makeup midday!
Huna Botanical Face Mist with real Canadian rose, aloe vera, watermelon and witch hazel is a mist-on hydrating humectant formula.
Viva Aromatherapy Facial Toner combines the natural astringents of witch hazel, mandarin and rose essential oil.
5. Launder your reusable mask frequently with a gentle, unscented detergent.
Success! Feel free to
or head to your