There are multiple benefits of taking sanitary precautions during your daily beauty ritual. The obvious being keeping your products bacteria free but also, your brushes work better when they are clean and your products will last longer if you donʼt contaminate the containers.
Here are Green Tree Beautyʼs best practices for keeping your cosmetics, skincare and brushes clean and bacteria free:
1. Never share your cosmetics with others.
2. Wash your hands before applying your skincare and cosmetics.
Pure Ananda Foaming Hand Soap SHOP HERE
3. Keep 5 bottle of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol with your cosmetics. Spray your brushes after each use. You can also spray your pressed powders. Donʼt drown them though - a light spritz will do.
Stainless Steel Bottle SHOP HERE
4. Keep a spatula and palette with your cosmetics. You donʼt need to buy special ones - you can even use a dinner knife and an old CD. When using cream products, instead of dipping your brush or fingers into the container, use spatula to pull the desired amount and place on palette.
Stainless Steel Mixing Palette SHOP HERE
5. Regularly shampoo your brushes (every couple weeks). You can use your normal hair shampoo. After washing, make sure handles are dry so they donʼt rot. Bristles can be left to air dry.
6. Replace your skincare and cosmetics on a regular basis. To keep track of when you purchased your cosmetics or skincare write the date you opened on the container.
Mascara and eyeliner should be replaced every 3 to 5 months.
Cream products should be replaced every 6 to 12 months.
Powder products should be replaced every 2 years.
Success! Feel free to
or head to your